Monday, September 24

baby booties on dedication day

Other people who are fluent in the gift giving love language find cute Bible story board books or personalized photo albums or other thoughtful tools for spiritual growth as gifts for baby dedication. But I can't pass up an opportunity to craft. I try to take time while my hands are busy working to reflect on the baby's personality, think of ways to support the baby's parents, and pray for the family in general, but I'm not the most disciplined in that regard, especially if my own little one is around to distract me. I'm equally likely to end up thinking about how accomplished I will feel once the completed project ends up on my blog or what we'll have for dinner.

Our friends' sweet boy was dedicated Sunday morning. This little guy rocks those baby socks that look like converse sneakers, but at the rate he's growing, his little feet won't fit in them for very long. So I pulled my crochet hook back out and found a pattern on Ravelry for the cutest booties ever!



One of my favorite cards from our wedding has a elegant design cut into the front to show a decorative cross pattern. I've been using it as a stencil for many occasions, and today seemed fitting to use it again.

1 comment:

  1. So, so cute! Take a look at my (Andrea's) Pinterest page---I posted several cute hat ideas for kids, as if you need more ideas.....

    ReplyDelete