Tuesday, August 21

Pinterest Tuesday: catching up edition

I am hoping to attempt one project inspired by a Pinterest idea each weekend and post the results on Tuesdays. I'll post Pin-wins (projects I think are successful) as well as Pinstrocities (of the less successful variety).

The first few are projects I completed over the last several months, but starting next week I'll try to keep everything current. Here goes...

Based on a pin of this dry erase calendar, I used a frame we already had with scrapbook paper to make this weekly calendar. Patrick and I share google calendars and keep most of our schedule organized there, but sometimes it helps to actually write it out and have it visually available in our home.


This pin of a kitchen tea wreath seemed like the perfect way to add color to our otherwise boring kitchen and display our tea collection for guests. We later determined most of our selection is loose leaf and difficult to put on the wreath, but it's still pretty. I used cardboard from a box and wrapping paper from World Market.



This pin showing fabric wall paper covering a door was my inspiration for putting up some fabric on our walls. I tested a small piece in the back corner of a small closet to make sure there would be no lasting damage to our (rented) walls, and went for it. I chose a fairly dark print to contrast our otherwise white walls and light carpet. I love the way it adds a coziness to our decor.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment