Thursday, January 13

just tall

Patrick doesn't fit in normal sized clothes. He's 6'1" and has a 6'7" wingspan. Do you shop at big and tall? you might ask. No. He's not big. Just tall.

This is a shirt I made for Patrick's birthday. Notice the length of the sleeves (long enough) and trim fit. I had to take about four inches off the waist and add about that much to each sleeve.
 The cuff detail was something I saw on Modern Family and wanted to try... of course the sleeves aren't long enough any more when he rolls them up to show off the customization.
I didn't match up the plaids on purpose. It's just a little off and looks just a little funkier than your average lumberjack outfit.

5 comments:

  1. Great shirt and model!

    Only 4 days 'til the Etsy launch. Are you nervous?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaah Jessie, your Patrick and my Patrick must be related :) It is so hard to buy him clothes... in reality, he's an average "L" (more towards a medium I think), but his long wingspan forces me to buy him everything in 'tall' sizes... haha, now I know there is someone else out there with the same dilemma :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jessie, this shirt looks great. Thanks for the inspiration. I'm so glad Kristen posted a link to your blog on Facebook.

    My husband Lukas has a similar probably with clothes fitting... well not fitting actually. I just bought a shirt pattern to try and make him some. Thanks so much for the inspiration. Might have to borrow that cuff detail too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's just the best thing ever that you make real clothes. :) How wonderful, both that you make such beautiful things, and that he gets to wear them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Miles - I wouldn't say I'm nervous, but I sure have a lot to get done between now and then!

    @Megan! I've really enjoyed making men's shirts. I made the dress shirts for Patrick and his groomsmen for our wedding. I did have to try a few patterns before I found one that I really like. Let me know how yours turns out, and thanks for reading!

    @Katie, it's a win-win for sure.

    ReplyDelete