Monday, September 10

granny stripe boutique bag

Update: now for sale on Etsy

My name is Jesse, and I have a crochet problem. It wouldn't be a problem, but my focus on crochet projects has started to threaten my ability to finish a baby shower project in time for the baby shower. So this is the last piece I will post until the other project is complete.

This little Granny Stripe Boutique Bag is quick and easy. The bag pattern can be found on Tangled Happy and the flower tutorial is here, though just about any crochet flower would look nice on this classic crochet look. I left off the center piece of this flower because I liked how it turned out with just the orange.

As cute as this little bag is, it's not practical for anything more than keys, wallet, and cell phone - which is all I need sometimes. However, I think I will adjust the pattern to make a slightly larger bag and try lining it and adding a zipper to the top. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.


Crochet appeals to me because unlike many of my other projects, it really only requires one material and one tool. Even if I use multiple colors of yarn or multiple gauges of hook, I only need one of each at a time. So my work space can be anywhere - no need to spread out across the floor where curious babies and attention deprived cats wreak havoc on organization. No need for an ironing board or pins, another set of hazards to little ones. No noisy sewing machine to wake Atlas from a nap or Patrick in the middle of the night (when many of these projects get their finishing touches). I can set it down and pick it back up again without missing a stitch. It's the perfectly simple medium for a currently complicated life.

2 comments:

  1. Love it, and the commentary! But please share why you call it "granny stripe" bag? Just wondering.....MOM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Granny Stripe" is the name of the stitch, even if you don't use different colors to make stripes, and the person who made the pattern named the bag - I didn't change it. :)

      Delete