Monday, January 3

new inspiration

I think crochet flower flourishes are an inevitable component of one of my next projects. My sister, gift giver extraordinaire, gave me several fun things this Christmas, but by far the most fun was inspiration. She gave me 100 flowers to knit & crochet by Lesley Stanfield. I'm so excited to try every variety listed (ok, maybe not the asparagus).


Not only that, but during her visit to DC we visited the National Museum of Natural History which is currently exhibiting a crochet coral reef exhibit. It is one of the most creative things I've ever seen. Color me inspired.



The Hyperbolic Crochet Coral Reef

2 comments:

  1. I really admire people who can knit & crochet...I knew how to do both at one point but I got so impatient...sewing is more my speed. I like the (relatively) instant gratification of watching a garment take shape. Also, WOW--crochet coral reef! That is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I really like about crochet is how easy it is to "fix" when something goes wrong. I'm pretty confident making scarves, afghans, and other flat things. I'm afraid the flowers will turn into little knotted blobs - I'll report back.

    ReplyDelete